BoWW asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Yahoo questions?

Why is it that when people answer my questions, some answers will not show up on the question link? I see their response on my notifications page, but not posted under the question itself, meaning I cannot give them the best answer or comment. This happens almost every time.

• .

There are a few reasons this might happen:

1. The answer was deleted by the user who posted it.

2. It was reported as a violation by enough users to get it removed from the display.

3. The spam filter has it (some mistakenly call it shadow banning, but it is not any form of banning) and only shows up for the user who posted it. An edit or few to the answer may get it to show up for others, but if the OP doesn't realize no one else can see it, they don't know they need to edit it (or ask about the issue to get the information about editing it). This happens to me often if I edit an answer (it will disappear from view for everyone but me, and many edits may or may not make it visible again).

• Daniel

If you see Answers in Notifications but not the Question its Due to the Answer got Reported and

Deleted after the Notification for it was Sent out Yahoo does not update there Notification when

Someones Answer gets Removed

The term "shadowbanning" gets misused on this site a lot, but it does happen and certain things will trigger it such as editting an answer too many times which sucks if you're me and positively blind to errors until later and then start to get twitchy about leaving them uncorrected once noticed, posting too many links in an answer can also trigger it, and some large commercial websites, but not the big one starting with "a" for some reason.

I can tell when it happens to me because I can see my answer under the question when logged in but if I log out it's not there.  Also, the number of received answers will be one fewer next to the answer on my profile page than the number on the asker's question page when logged it, but if I log out they are the same lower number.  If the answerer's profile page is set to viewable you ahould also see their answer in their feed if you scroll down.  

I only use this site from a PC so I don't know about the mobile glitch except that there is one.

If you refresh it you will see it.

Yahoo is bad about this.

• SOT3

Usually, the poster is on a mobile and the answer gets filtered, sometimes for no obvious reason. If the poster will edit their answer, it will start showing. If you see it often, ask for answers in desktop mode. Also, make sure you are using desktop mode. That is not always the reason, but it is often. Flagged links in answers will also cause it.

• MJT209

i've noticed my answers don't post, but it seems less of a problem when you rank up, it's like they don't trust you at first so the filter just blocks you