My 2009 Honda Civic Coupe wont unlock?

My 2009 Honda Civic Couple will not unlock. The key hole is turned halfway, and seems to be stuck in that position. My key will not fit all the way into it. My key fob lights up when i press unlock, but my car neither unlocks nor gives any indication that it received the signal. 

I'm trying to figure out why this has happened or what is going on. My guess is that somebody tried to break into my car and left the keylock in a half turned state. The issue is, this is my only physical key hole. The rest of the car was made to be unlocked via this fob. If my fob still has battery (I just changed it, and the red indicator light illuminates when i press a button), does this mean my car battery is just dead?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

The car lock mechanism called an actuator is broken.

They can wear out over time.  11 years is not a surprise.You need to slim jim the lock.  But the actuator needs to be replaced. 

Spray WD-40 on the key hole.  Let soak for 5 minutes and try again.

Time to contack a locksmith.