Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

transiting through paris?

My wife is coming on tuesday from morocco. She has a us visa. she is transiting through paris. I am afraid that is considered entering a schengen country. will she have problems.?

I am worried about the European ban from US. Where it says it does not allow non us citizens to come from European areas within 14 days of entering the US.

She needs to check on France's requirements for transit visa to change planes in Paris. If she needs a transit visa, she cannot board the aircraft to Paris to begin with.

There is an exception for spouses of US citizens.  Ensure she has proof the two of you are married, such as your marriage license. 

"Passengers are not permitted to enter or transit the United States if they have entered or transited any Schengen Area member state, the United Kingdom, Ireland, China, Iran or Brazil in the past 14 days due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus, unless they meet one of the following conditions:

1. They are a permanent resident of the United States;

2. They are the spouse of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident;"

www.skyteam.com