Am i a bad person if i disslike the lgbtq community?

I'm not that type of person that would ever insult anyone for what they are but i grew up in a very religious family and i was always taught how wrong it is and how it's a disease, and when one of my friends told me she's a lesbian i was beyond shocked  and i felt really uncomfortable. I try to not be that way and i even said i don't really care since she's my friend but why does it bother me so much? I feel like such a shitty person for thinking that way. Am i? I don't wanna be like that :( 

no, it does not make you a bad person to not support a group who used "oppression" to manipulate people into giveing them privileges every other paraphilic does not get.

• HMFan

Your opinion based on your upbringing is entirely yours to own. I don’t like children but I don’t go out of my way to scare, insult, or otherwise persecute them. As humans we can’t be expected to like EVERYTHING about EVERYBODY. Unless you’re Mother Teresa or the Dali Lama, chances are there will be some people you just don’t like. But the fact that the Angels of Your Better Nature appeal to you to try to be more accepting (that’s why your biases bother you and make you feel guilty) tells me that your heart is in the right place. Don’t be too hard on yourself. In terms of your friend: is her lesbianism cause for you to completely reject EVERYTHING ELSE about her that is good? Sometimes we simply must live with discomfort. Others see that as a impetus to deeply explore their beliefs and feelings; sometimes they work so hard that those beliefs and feelings evolve and change. You don’t HAVE to like the LGBTQ+ community, but you don’t have to actively be at crosspurposes with us, either. All in all, I’d say you’re okay. Don’t worry about it too much. Peace & Contentment to you.   :-)

No you're not a bad person you can educate yourself a little more and figure out that sexual orientation doesn't define someone but it's just apart of them.

I don't think you are a bad person but I think this is something you need to work on. You have bad feelings about gay people because that's what you were taught. Try to keep an open mind and realize that your friend is the exact same person. Shes doesn't have a disease. Being gay is not considered a disease no matter how much extremely religious people say it is. Shes not suddenly a bad person because you learned shes gay. Think about why you dislike gay people. I'm sure you cant come up with any solid reason. Nobody expects you to flip a switch and be 100% ok with it but work on it so you can get there at some point. 

You have been brainwashed. The better you get to know your friend, the better you can see the lies you were taught for what they are. For one thing, the Bible never says homosexuality is a "disease." And as a Christian you should know that Jesus never mentioned it or disparaged any sexual attraction or affection.

Homosexuality and the "LGBT community" are two different things. Lots of gay people dislike the "LGBT community" (which has been hijacked by left wing radicals) and don't want anything to do with it.

• Tj

Maybe instead of going by fairy tales,written by a bunch of old Arabs in the desert you can use science

It is a great opportunity for you to unlearn this hate. Maybe it is a heavenly message?There are many open and affirming denominations with differing views about how to interpret the bible. Many denominations allow same sex marriage. There are many out lgbt christians. The good Lord made us the way he did because that is how he wants us to be. Would a truly loving God make lgbt the way he did just to put them in hell? See notalllikethat.org. 

I’d say take the time to learn how to interpret the bible in a less rigid and severe way. Maybe switch denominations to a more tolerant one. 

Good luck and God bless!

"i grew up in a very religious family and i was always taught how wrong it is and how it's a disease".

Clearly by your own description of events you are acknowledging that what you have been taught is flawed.

If it was not then you would not have felt uncomfortable over learning something that has no impact on you at all.     It would be like an atheist saying he was distressed after you telling him you have a bible.