Why does my industrial piercing give me headaches everytime I change the piercing?

I have had my industrial piercing for atleast over two years. Everytime I change the piercing to a new bar or even just adjust the screw on balls (sorry if there's a term for it that I don't know) I get extremely bad headaches. I try to avoid changing my industrial as much as possible so I don't get these headaches, but sometimes it's unavoidable. Any reason to why this is happening? I don't want to get rid of my piercing but I might have to so I can stop getting such bad headaches 

The ear is full of nerves and these nerves are connect to other parts of the body and ultimately the brain. Stimulate one bunch of nerves and you can get a reaction elsewhere. The principles of accupuncture is based on this. The darth piercing is sometimes used as a migraine treatment. So yes, your industrial can possibly give you headaches. I'm not quite sure what to say about avoiding these but I do know it can happen. Perhaps you should contact a piercing pro and see if they have any advice. 

Edit: DAITH piercing, not Darth. Stupid autocorrect