Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

What is an agreeable diet for me?

I know this Q will sound silly but i like eating a lot and during this quarantine i gained a lot of weight. Now i want to go on a diet. The problems are;

I absolutely hate movement. I can never do sports. Maybe i walk my dog if that counts or dance. Other than that, im a lazy ***. 

I dont drink water. I simply detest it. My record is 4 glasses of it during a day. Nothing more. 

I can do without sugar and white bread and rice and pasta. But i cant say no to potatoes. Theyre my favorite foods. I can't live without them. I know myself. Plus, i should treat myself or else a diet is a torture. Like, i may eat a beautiful breakfast and starve myself during other lunch and dinner. Or i may eat healthily 24/6 but I should label sunday as the golden day and during that day i should be able to eat whatever i want. Small amounts i mean. 

Lastly im a female. So i have my periods and once in a month, i have this sweettooth. I guess i can deal with it if i eat a bar of bitter chocolate. 

Tips??

Favorite Answer

Start with scheduling an appointment with your family doctor and showing them what you have written here when they ask what brings you in today.  Use that as a basis for having a frank discussion on how you are doing.  They can do a full physical and neurological workup to discover if any medical issues exist that need to be addressed.  This will also give you a baseline to work from.  Your doctor can refer you to a nutritionist or dietician  to evaluate your current diet and help you make better choices.  Since you love potatoes you should check out the book "The Starch Solution".

As for exercise there are plenty of websites that offer suggestions.  Even starting a walk around your neighborhood can be helpful.