Can I obtain my degree in Biochemistry on campus while active duty in the Air Force?

My longtime goal is to get a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Virology. Currently, I am planning on going into the Air Force and I was wondering if it would be possible to obtain my bachelors while active duty. 

No. Going to college as a full-time student is a full-time job and can be exhausting by itself. Realistically, there is no time or energy to work full-time and go to school full-time. You'd have to be doing some serious speed and stay awake 24/7/365.  It's not healthy.

This is a common point-of-failure for many who go to college. They try to bite off more than they can chew because they just don't know how much they can realistically handle or how much work is involved in that degree program.

Technically possible, but, exceedingly difficult.  The Air Force is a full time (and more!) job, where your hours are not your own. You might be able to take a course, or possibly two at a time, but, even that is problematic.  But, with working at all hours, 7 days a week, deployments, and, and, and, ....  It is supremely difficult to do.

nope, its almost impossible to earn a science BS degree while on active duty

you just don't have the time to take all the specific courses you need or the labs that go with them

• Mrsjvb

Nearly impossible.  It takes twice as long on average to get a degree while AD.  Any class that requires a lab is pretty much not going to be possible due to your military commitment 

A 2 year degree might happen in one enlistment term.  Nothing more

• ?

Anon gave you the best answer possible. Plan on enlisting and spending about the first 18 months of service on BMT, Tech School and attaining your 5 skill level in your AFSC before you are granted TA. In the 2 1/2 years left to your enlistment you could complete maybe six credits per semester if your job allows, an on-line school is available or a degree granting school in within commuting distance of your air base, you have the personal time to study and the stars are in alignment AND you are not deployed.

Unless you have an Associates already and stay in longer than 4 years you will not be able to get a Bachelors especially one that requires lab work. While the AF is the one that supports education the most you are limited with Tuition Assistance to $4500 or 16 credits per year. It then depends on where you are stationed and if a college there has that program with classes to fit your schedule.