Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 month ago

PC wont display anywhere ?

Brand new Pc, built, went from running perfectly fine to not displaying anything at all after 3 days

I've tried 3 different HDMI cables and 2 display port cables on 2 monitors and 2 TV's, no display

I've cleared BIOS and still, nothing. 

I've disconnected and reconnected the GPU, and nothing

Performed several hard reboots, nothing

Motherboard lights up, fans spin, everything but the display and keyboard seem to work

Update:

Edit:

Monitors led will turn white and power on briefly before turning orange and black screening. Almost as if cables are briefly detected 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

With no details of some "motherboard" of some "new Pc", who "built" it, what happened that was unusual in the "3 days" of use, what "GPU" that you "disconnected", no guessing for you.

My cousin's computer was running very slow, so I tried to find out if CPU was not being cooled.  Dried out goo on the liquid cooling block, put on fresh.  No help.  Put back original fan cooler, stayed at 47*C, ran great for 4 hours, but I let it go to sleep.  Never booted again.  Went back to water cooling, swapped positions of RAM strips, tried one strip, cleared BIOS, took board out of case, tried board alone, no other devices, other PSU, now it is just a partly powering up slab.  I have bought a replacement board of another brand.

• 1 month ago

check monitor for incorrect signal source.

• 1 month ago

Sounds like problem with video card.

• 1 month ago

Take it back.

Under the terms of Guarantee you can demand your money back, as the pc is 'not fit for purpose'

It sounds like a faulty GPU to me anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.