Anonymous

So if you’re a college student and you get covid, will you automatically be given an A?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you're a college student and you get covid-19, you will not automatically be given an A.

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not likely.  You would probably be given extensions on assignments and exams, and perhaps an Incomplete if you have a significant case.

• 1 month ago

Yes, when the horses will fly 

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not in one of my classes and not at my university.

If it's an ordinary mild case, you can make up any work you missed -- you'll get an extension -- and you'll be graded as you normally would have been.

If it's a major case and you're hospitalized at great length, you'll lose the semester or quarter and have to repeat it. You won't get any grades at all until you do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Read the code and conduct of your college 

• 1 month ago

Haha, no. This is university, not primary school. All universities already have various processes in places for when a student gets sick.  Covid won't be any different. Sometimes a students can either get a little flexibility if they aren't super sick and can do work -- they will just have to do it remotely.  If someone becomes seriously ill, they apply for a medical leave of absence and are basically withdrawn without penalty for the term. 

• 1 month ago

yes, because all of the teachers will feel bad for you

• 1 month ago

My friend died of cancer in high school.  He got his diploma posthumously.  He missed two years of school but they passed him anyway.

They can if they want to.

• 1 month ago

No. I had two students who got it in the spring. I did allow one of them to take an incomplete and finish in the summer. The other finished his work, although some assignments were late. I didn't penalize him for that. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.