Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Why are there so many delusional kids at the gym who think they are professional bodybuilders?

It’s just painful and cringe to watch them acting like they are training to become the next Mr. Olympia when they are like 140 lbs soaking wet, and they come in strapped with like $300 in workout gear and supplements and gym bag and wrist wraps and knee wraps and belt etc. These kids are everywhere at the gym nowadays. Always taking selfies of their 13 inch arms and filming themselves working tutorials when they can’t even bench press 135

• Kenny

This kind of thing happens in every endeavor nowadays . If you are new try to look like you know what you are doing I guess . A motorcycle group met at a BBQ place and with so much new leather cloths it smelt like a tannery . I guess it is just fun to dress up .

I suppose you think they should stay on the couch and play video games instead of getting into a healthy lifestyle at a younger age? I don't see nearly enough younger people at our gyms, but if I did, I certainly wouldn't be mocking them for being active. But to answer your question, the local schools are shut down due to the pandemic, which means the athletes may not have access to the school's gym. And yeah they are kids, which means no matter what they are training for, they haven't been at it long enough to have developed monster physiques. You sound an awful lot like a fitness snob, BTW.

• Andy C

To each their own.   I used to go to the gym for 6 days a week and for over 5 years.  I have no clue what I can bench press nor care.  I lift weights and work out in order to curb pain and build muscle back to somewhere near what it was before the whole paralyzed thing. 

I saw kids like you describe and never gave a care because what they were doing didn't impinge upon what I was doing.

I'm sorry you're intimidated by such trivial matters.