My SSI claim is still pending and I was denied for SSDI does that mean i will get approve for SSI?

• Judith

No.  It does not.  You were probably denied for SSDI because you didn't have enough work credits.  They don't make medical decisions on SSDI claims if a person isn't insured.  Since your SSI claim hasn't been denied due to excess income or excess resources, it simply means that they will make a medical decision on your SSI claim.  Doesn't mean it will be medically approved.

I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

• You can be eligible for SSI and not SSDI. For SSDI you must have worked enough to be eligible and you just not have too many resources AND be disabled. For SSI you need never have worked.

• Lisa A

Why were you rejected for SSDI? Because you don't qualify because you are not disabled, or because you didn't pay the required taxes for the required time?