Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Social Security recipients, what do you think about President Trump's plan of executive order to slash the Social Security payroll tax?

Since Congress will NOT come to an agreement for this second stimulus bill, Trump is weighing most everything on the backs of Social Security recipients.  He thinks this will save our economy from the coronavirus. And guess what, NO stimulus check for those on SSI, retirement, or unemployment, or otherwise. I think this helps only in the least effective way possible. Your thoughts.......................

It doesn't bother me at all.. YOU DEMS have been talking about totally cutting Social Security for the last 30 years so WHY are yo crying about a little cut now.. Because its something you didn't think of doing first like THE MANY THINGS you have changed your mind on sense Trump has said it... You will GO AGAINST PLANNED Parenthood and killing UNBORN BABIES of TRUMP SAYS HE IS FOR IT..

• JOHN B

Continue to save your ignorance. It's the only thing you have.

I think he's trying to lose the election. He's not good at losing and the self destruction is happening daily.

Why was it left up to the President? I guess the democrat controlled Congress should have done their jobs and came up with a real solution instead of just trying to slow things down in an effort to make President Trump look bad, huh ? Speaker of the house, house majority, and the "power of the purse" is all one person in the same, Nancy Pelosi, right? My thoughts are: The democrats are doing everything they can to destroy our country, this is just part of it.

It seems that DON THE CON wants Americans to be only white and rich. His white supremacism has been on display for a long time. Now, we see the other hammer fall. If re-elected, he will abolish the payroll tax which will defund the Social Security Trust Fund in a few short years and after that millions of hard-working Americans who will one day depend on SS will be screwed. Not to mention the millions who already depend on it. Those of you who will vote for DON, is this what you want for yourselves and your elder loved ones who really NEED SS? Really?

I'm glad!! I'd rather they get rid of it permanently, and I can save the money that isn't being taken from me.  I can invest it, or at least put it in the bank to accumulate some interest, instead of giving it to the govt to rot

Social Security should be phased out 

this is as good a time to start

cutting the tax on current people working does not effect people receiving benefits now 

The stimulus is printed new unearned money sent out, has nothing to do with payroll tax 

I agree this will not really help .. the only real help is end any mandate government shut down of business and jobs 

there wont be any tax 'slashing' not so you'll notice.

taxes never go down they always go up its why the united states of america is very resistant to taxation

from gutter rats in sewers waiting for their next victim to the upper echlechons of business where stockholders boards of directors and execs are drooling and rolling in their massive stolen wealth of US dollars,

to the halls of congress and the presidency where they drip at the chance to screw us american citizens.

taxes will never fall the axe will never come down on taxes they only go...UP!

Good catch on the significance of Trump's latest tantrum-attempt to divert attention away from his many failures and fears, Philip.  Far too many Americans do not pay close enough attention to the details as you have done.  The absolute simplest and best way to protect Social Security for generations to come is to EXPAND THE JOB BASE, which means more FICA tax will be going into the off-limits (for Congressional spending) coffers, with compounded interest accruing.  

The so-called "jobs created" for which the lifts-wearing pathologically lying conman Trump tries to claim credit in this past quarter are not actually jobs created, but are instead a return to previous jobs after the COVID-19 shutdowns.  

As a Vietnam era disabled military veteran, the latest travesty of justice by the corrupt and corrupting Trump administration is the undermining of our nation's democratic processes and the ALARMING messing with our nation's post office!