printer head alignment problem.?
I have two laptops connected wirelessly to a printer via router (canon MX922), when I print with the first laptop the output is severely distorted (especially the B&W), while it is perfect if I use the other laptop!!!
already tried manual and automatic head alignment with no effect at all!
- VPLv 72 months agoFavorite Answer
What I'd do:
1. Remove the printer definition from the "sick" laptop.
2. Go to the Canon site and download the latest driver for that model of printer AND version of Windows you're running.
3. Install the new driver and configure it, if necessary.
4. Retest printing to your printer...
- Anonymous2 months ago
Check the settings for 'dithering'. This is how the driver generates shades and patterns of black dots to translate the hues and tones of color images into black and white. Make sure you have the latest driver installed.
- frombrumLv 72 months ago
more likely to be the print driver on the one laptop otherwise both would be out