What is this star that I see at night?

I always see this star at night in the same position from my room? What is it?  It's that small white dot near the bottom. Camera is rubbish so it doesnt capture it properly but this star really shines.

I live in the UK near London. 

My room is in the attic so I get a nice view of the night sky 

The direction is the South and the time I took the photo was 9:37 pm 

Jupiter is the brightest object in the early evening sky right now after the moon.  Venus is brighter than Jupiter, but it isn't in the evening sky now.  If you look at Jupiter through binoculars you will see at least one of its moons very nearby, and you may be able to see all 4 of the brightest moons if you can hold the binoculars very steady.  If you focus the binoculars on a star then look at Jupiter you will see that Jupiter is very much a disc compared to the pinpoint of the star.  You might even be able to see one of Jupiter's moon without any optical aid, I did just the other night when I was watching for meteors.  To the East or left of Jupiter is Saturn which isn't as bright but will look like a disc more than a pinpoint of a star.  There are apps for phones that you can use to find out what you are looking at in the night sky and also websites you can enter your location and time and they show the stars and planets that are in your sky.

I think, right now, you're seeing Jupiter... it's in the south south-east sky at about that time, and to the east of that is a dimmer star, which is Saturn. 

Its a weather satellite.

Hummm......9:30 PM....Southern skies....really bright so that i really shows up in the dusky skies.  I want to say that is Jupiter also.  You can tell if say a half hour later another " star"....actually is a planet.....shows up behind it. That would be Saturn.  BUT.....you said "  same position from my room ".  Saturn chases Jupiter across the sky -  SE to SW, all night so they dont stay stationary. IF an hour later you looked at this same spot...and its gone...its Jupiter....if its still there....IDK.

I know the Star you are talking about

South West of Orion?

It is the Circumpolar Star Sirrius

Also known as Canis Majoris or the Dog Star

Pretty close on a Galactic Scale at 6 Light Years away

And much bigger than Alpha Centauri

Barnard's Star is the next Bright one out at 7 LYs

Living in the Country does have its And I have been hooked on Space since the Moon Landings

Below... the Ghost Nebula, look close

Planets and Sattelites don't Twinkle

Biggest of all is the ISS, with Binoculars you can see its shape

Not an answerable question without more information.

• ANDY

It is very likely to be Jupiter. It started appearing towards the end of July just before then just after sunset. Sometimes it's so close that it looks like a very small moon. I saw it once many years ago and was stupefied.

• F

It’s the light on top if the Crystal Palace transmitter. 

I think you will find that it is the planet Saturn.

• Jim

The ONLY star that doesn't move is the North Star (Polaris), everything else moves even if slowly.

I suggest an app for your smartphone, I personally use Skyview and Skywalk. Using VR, they tell you what you're looking at!