Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 2 months ago

Is it ok to wear a jersey of a different sport to a game but they are the team’s colors at the game?

For instance, I’m a Chicago Bulls fan and a Detroit Red Wings fan and the 90’s were great for my teams!  In 1998 the Wings and the Bulls were in the finals at the same time.  My parents took me to the United Center for a Bulls fan event called Bulls Bash.  It’s where we all watched game 6 live from Utah and celebrated the Bulls 6th championship!  What a game!  I still have confetti from that day.  Anyway, I decided to wear my Red Wings jersey because I wanted to show support for both of my teams.  My jersey was red and white same colors as the Bulls.  Nobody gave me a hard time for wearing the jersey at the home of the rival Blackhawks.  Maybe because I was only 11 at the time who knows. I felt I was at an event where everyone there were Bulls fans so I wanted to not only wear Bulls colors but show support for my other team at the same time.  Thanks!  Go Bulls and Go Wings!

• Kathy
    Favorite Answer

I have seen it done at games.

That's okay when you're 11 but I wouldn't do it in all rival homes.

• There's no law prohibiting it but you look like a muppet.

• Brian

They will still let you in.  Now, I can't say for certain some of the fans around will be as pollite about it.