Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Was I the asshole in this situation? It's been bothering me ever since, can someone give me some feedback?

About a month ago, I was in the Sherwood, Oregon Walmart. Now, that Walmart has aisles that are less than 6 feet wide, so they've got one way signs everywhere in the store. And of course, all the Karens and Kens ignore them, because Goddess forbid they should be slightly inconvenienced.

These two Asian women, I presume mother and daughter, were walking the wrong way down an aisle I was using. I said, "One way," as I tried pathetically to walk past them without getting within 6 feet. The daughter called me an asshole. I turned around and said, "Excuse me?" She said, "You heard me," and her mom joined in, giving me the finger. I said, "Oh, I'm the asshole for wanting to stay safe?" they both said yes, and the daughter started doing a booty slapping dance. This pissed me off even more. I started shouting at her that I hoped she caught covid-19, and the two of them started yelling at me and calling me all kinds of filthy names. The daughter started walking toward me. I yelled, "Get your COVID-infested àss away from me!" At that point, a store employee approached, and took me aside. Told me that when I see people like that, I need to talk to store employees, so that I'm not the one who gets kicked out. But when I speak to store employees, they do nothing but shrug their shoulders and smile. So what the hell am I supposed to do about these entitled assholes? Just never go shopping again?

@harryt62, I like your style. I'm built big like you, but I almost never use that to my advantage.

• Isabel
    Favorite Answer

You’re the asshole for escalating.  Next time, try a polite “it’s one way, folks,” and do not say another word, even if you’re yelled at

Well they started it but when you join in you sink to their level and become just as bad.  You got past them.  You should have kept going at that point.

I get where you're coming from. I've watched in disbelief as others have defied experts’ urging to social distance. Wtf? Next time try coughing and sneezing loudly. That might work.

You were right. The other day when I was grocery shopping people came down the wrong way. I was next to a display and blocking the aisle with my cart. One of them told me to move and I just looked at them and said,” I’m not the one going the wrong way.” They got got pissed. I refused to move and they turned and went the other way. I have an advantage in situations like that in that I’m 6’4” and 250lbs. Not many people argue with me. 

IGNORE FOOLS AND KEEP ON GOING..