Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

My husband isn't interested in me anymore?

We've been married for 5years, about less then a year ago he stopped paying attention to me! I feel like he no longer loves me or finds me attractive, we haven't had any sex*al intercourse for about a year now. I haven't gained any weight and i keep trying to make it work be he just isn't interested? When i normally ask him about it he says that he's always tired.. and i usually dress up and prepare everything but he just isn't in the mood?? Am i doing something wrong, or is it normal and he just needs some time to relax? 

• KTJoe

Give husband uh relaxing time, tell him you're going to spend the weekend with family, to do some shopping. Do this after you show husband your birthday suit, see reaction if good or bad. Oh and wear pearls.   

Don’t ask us knuckleheads. You need advice from a professional and or someone that loves you. 

People vary enormously.  It isn't "normal" but it is common enough for one or the other partner to lose interest after some years.  This forum is full of men claiming the problem.  The issue is partly that too many people marry for sex or lust and haven't formed all those bonds that make for a lifetime of happiness.  A combination of bad choices followed by bad practices.  You can't alter the choice but you can try to find activities and thoughts that you can share and enjoy together.  The more you can create the bonds the more everything else can fall into place.

No, this is not a normal situation, as you suggested , and it is far more a concern than a need for "relaxation".  You both need to consult a marriage counselor, if, after he checks with his doctor, there is no physical problem.  I would also ask you to take a look at what goes on between you out of bed, that may be affecting what happens in bed.

It is unusual for a man to not want sex.  It could be that he is having an affair on the side, that he has a medical problem, that he is depressed, (is he?), or a number of other things.   If you have had a good previous sexual relationship, satisfying to both of you, the chances are much better that it can be restored again. Good luck and good wishes,

I think it's time you headed off in a totally different direction leaving this bore behind you.  He isn't interested.  He's always tired.  He doesn't have sex with you anymore.  He doesn't notice or appreciate the work YOU have put in to the marriage.  WHY are you sticking around with him?  

• A

sorry but my guess is either he has a medical condition or another woman on the side.