Merry
Merry asked in Education & ReferenceTrivia · 2 months ago

Is there a Inspirational Men Puzzle?

Ok.. So there is a 'Inspirational Women' puzzle that shows women throughout history who have achieved remarkable things (see link) 

BUT...Is there a male puzzle that's equivalent? 

Surely if equality is what we want for our children we can celebrate both male and female accomplishments but I can not find anything like the puzzle for women... Any suggestions? 

https://www.childplay.com.au › ridl...Ridleys- Jigsaw Puzzle Inspirational Women – Childplay Melbourne

This is not a men vs women question. BOTH men AND women can be inspirational, great, remarkable. 

I have done the inspirational women puzzle & it opened up some great discussion with my kids... But I'm struggling to find a similar puzzle about men. 

If equality is what we want surely we have to start from a place of equity! 

Ideally ...A puzzle that depicts BOTH men and women together

"This is not a men vs women question."

Yes, it is.

"Surely if equality is what we want for our children we can celebrate both male and female accomplishments but I can not find anything like the puzzle for women."

That's because men have always been over-represented in history, often getting the credit for work women actually did. Like Rosalind Franklin whose work was hijacked by Watson and Crick.

For men, they don't call them inspirational, they just call them "great" or "historical".  See the problem there?

If you see some need to celebrate just men again, make and sell the product you think you need.

Yeah bc inspirational women don’t matter. They’re just wannabe people who do matter