Excuse me, are there really aliens in the universe?👽?

Favorite Answer

No there are not. At least not that we will ever detect.

Centuries of detailed observation of the sky using the most powerful instruments ever likely to be constructed has never revealed the least trace of anything living in space, let alone ET.

But people like to fantasise about having buddys up in the sky, despite total lack of evidence they exist. Plenty of folks have trouble with rational thought and see everything that can't be immediately explained as proof that ET dunnit. Sad eh.

People go on about "all the stars", which if that can guarantee ET exists, then it must also guarantee that Santa Claus exists up there somewhere. Pretty useless line of "reasoning" when you think of it.

Anyway, why bother with space aliens of all things? There are plenty of unknowns here on Earth such as Bigfoot, Yowies, and Sasquatch. Far more interesting (or rather, amusing) than space boogiemen that can never be detected.

I think that YOU are the alien.

There's not 'just one' of anything in the universe so there's probably not one planet with life nor one form of intelligent life either.

Yes there are. 

I have seen five UFOs during my life. 

I do not pretend to know who was driving the things

but in the mid-1960s when I had my very first sighting,

I'm pretty sure it wasn't us. 

• Nyx

Quite likely yes. It is a huge universe after all.

At the same time, we haven't yet discovered any signs of life (living or dead) past Earth. Which could be a limitation of our own current technology for detecting such.

Considering the billions of stars in the universe and the trillions of planets and moons orbiting those stars I believe it is a mathematical certainty that the universe is absolutely teeming with life.

Much of this life will be far superior in intelligence and technology than us but equally there will be lifeforms far inferior to us, even some just thinking about crawling out of the primordial soup as life did on Earth billions of years ago.

There are plenty of terrestrial aliens right here on Earth. There very likely are or were extraterrestrial aliens somewhere in the Universe.

.

• Ian

Millions of galaxies, trillions of stars and quadrillions of planets...how could there NOT be?

• Shadow

There are no aliens out in space. I don’t believe that for a second. That’s sci fi bull$hit. There are aliens on Earth. An alien is an undiscovered species and I’m sure there’s many of them in the ocean and in deep forests. Scientists tend to study space more than the Earth and some of them have their heads on cloud nine at times thinking there is life elsewhere outside the Earth.

At this time, we have no knowledge of any... all anyone really has is opinion.  My opinion is, yes, there’s likely intelligence out there, simply by the number of planets that must exist; but - it’s just an opinion, and that could turn out to be wrong...We’ll just have to wait for evidence either way.