Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

They say not to own black cats?

Here is why, they are thought to be a witch's pet and they are prone to be possessed by demons. They say your home will never find peace if you own a black cat. They are closely connected to witchcraft, necromancy and demonology. Is this true?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

This reminds me of my old cat Felix, he ran away unfortunately. He liked the wild more I suppose. 

• 1 month ago

no not really. the feline is a independat spirit protected by various goddesses (one I met died in defense bless her soul) and the Almighty Lord himself due to the love of man for the cat.

animals in general, and that includes the cat too, are mans defender and protector, and so as a protector you will find cats in odd places doing odd things.

but that does not mean the cat has deserted man.

you might be thinking of a man identified as a cat? isnt there a asian, a singaporean, identified as such?

it is man that does evil not animals.

• 2 months ago

If it is true, then I must be a witch!!  I have had two cats in my life (on my second).  Both climbed in through a window and moved themselves in.  Both black  Both biters - although the first eventually became a lovely cuddly one.  My current one is probably a witch herself - if she doesn't get her own way, she bites.She is an old lady, so probably too late to stop her now.  She is  psychic - she knows exactly when I am about to get up to go to the toilet, of make a meal as the second before I get up, she sits on my lap.  She is currently chasing a little shrew around the garden - so time for those spells!!

• 2 months ago

Every person I know who considers themselves to be a witch does NOT choose a familiar based on color..  I knew one who's familiar was an orange tabby...

A witch's familiar doesnt even have to be a cat

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Oh geez. Another one. The answer is NO--it's not true. 

• F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Are you from the 13th century?

• jean
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

saying black cats are demonic is rediculous. You have obviously fallen for this old wives tails

• Prince
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Nonsense. Black cats are as much God's creatures as any.

• 2 months ago

Don't believe these old and foolish superstitions. I have had black cats all my life. I have 2 right now. They are some of the sweetest and loving cats I've ever owned. I believe they are good luck.

Its because of these superstitions that they are the least adopted cats in shelters. Also some are tortured and killed just because of their color. It is not fair that people judge cats because of their color.

All cats, just like poeple, have different personalities and temperaments. It has nothing to do with their coloring.

If you ever owned a black cat, you would know all of those superstitions are not true.

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A dog thinks "These humans are great! They feed me and rub me." A cat thinks "I'm great! These humans cater to my wants and needs." We own dogs. We cohabitate with cats. My black cat wakes me at 6 AM to get her Sheba seafood pate to eat the top third of the little container.  Of course she's evil. I like her anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.