Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Why Are Cop Boyfriends Overprotective and Weird?

I have had 2 cop boyfriends in my life and both have been overprotective. They both wanted me to let them know when I arrive somewhere, they always wanted me to carry protection when I run (which is difficult to do anyway plus I'm fully capableof handling myself), both always concealed and carried a gun and one of them always wanted to sit facing the door when we went out. both also had a sense of humor that seemed more crude than funny. It's weird. Why are they like this? They're fun but sometimes annoying...

Because they just care too much.

I'm interested dating you

That's normal behaviour for some cops it comes with the job they do, always on the alert and they see a lot of bad stuff, joking about it is how they cheer themselves up otherwise it will take over their mind and traumatize them which would not be good. It's not a job that you can just switch off from.

Why do you keep dating "Cops" if this is your feeling about them as a group?

I'm a female.  I have a concealed carry permit, and I do carry.  I don't what you think that says about me.

Good luck with being fully capable of handling yourself.  I got the permit after I was raped at knifepoint in my gym's parking lot.

Oh, and I'm married to one of these overprotective and weird guys.

• Foofa

Get back to us when you've dated the entire force because all you're doing is describing two incredibly controlling guys who just happen to have the same job. 

The better question is why do you keep dating cops if they're so "overprotective and weird?"