Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Why Are Cop Boyfriends Overprotective and Weird?

I have had 2 cop boyfriends in my life and both have been overprotective. They both wanted me to let them know when I arrive somewhere, they always wanted me to carry protection when I run (which is difficult to do anyway plus I'm fully capableof handling myself), both always concealed and carried a gun and one of them always wanted to sit facing the door when we went out. both also had a sense of humor that seemed more crude than funny. It's weird. Why are they like this? They're fun but sometimes annoying...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because they just care too much.

• 1 month ago

I'm interested dating you

• 1 month ago

That's normal behaviour for some cops it comes with the job they do, always on the alert and they see a lot of bad stuff, joking about it is how they cheer themselves up otherwise it will take over their mind and traumatize them which would not be good. It's not a job that you can just switch off from.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why do you keep dating "Cops" if this is your feeling about them as a group?

I'm a female.  I have a concealed carry permit, and I do carry.  I don't what you think that says about me.

Good luck with being fully capable of handling yourself.  I got the permit after I was raped at knifepoint in my gym's parking lot.

Oh, and I'm married to one of these overprotective and weird guys.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Get back to us when you've dated the entire force because all you're doing is describing two incredibly controlling guys who just happen to have the same job. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The better question is why do you keep dating cops if they're so "overprotective and weird?"

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.