Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 2 months ago

Nissan altima or a toyota corolla? ?

Which makes a better Family car for a family of 3

I want better safety, reliability, better fuel consumption, etc

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

The Altima is in a different class than a Corolla. The Corolla competes with the Sentra, whereas the Altima competes with the Camry. Now take those comparisons and you'll easily see the Toyota winning. They are just better cars. Nissan is garbage. Before the early 2000s, they were very reliable, but not anymore. As for the this comparison, I'm guessing you;re looking at it from a price perspective. Get the Corolla. Better yet, get a Camry that is a couple of years older than the Corolla for the same price. It'll be the best choice out of these.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I had a nissan maxima. I recommend a corolla. They're more reliable. My nissan had electrical issues one day and became scrap metal overnight.

• car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Definately Corolla.   Dependable.   Just change the oil and transmission fluids.   They will last forever.  My last Corolla had 300,000 miles on it and still going.  

• 2 months ago

Nissan has more room. Toy has better rep for reliability.

If buying used, get the one with least miles, better service history. A beat Toyota with 50K is not as good as a well maintained Nissan with 115K. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • F
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Both are extremely dangerous because they are so boring you’ll have trouble staying awake when driving.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Nissan Motors and particularly the Altima have been having quality and reliability issues lately.  You will be better off with a Corolla.  For the record my wife has a Corolla and her twin sister has an Altima.

• 2 months ago

They aren't comparable classes of cars.

Corolla's have been made since the 1960s.

Altima's are from the early 1990s.

Which version are you comparing - new or used?

If used, a lot has to do with the owner(s) of the car vs the car itself.

You can purchase the best car available and if it's not properly maintained, it will be s h i t.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Toyota is way better than Nissan. 

Nissan’s CVT transmissions are garbage. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Toyota................ But, you are not comparing similar class cars. Camry would be more comparable than corolla.

Midsize & compact.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

basic research on your part would reveal the truth

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.