Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What are ways to get out of paying child support?

I am just curious because I know someone who has to pay child support 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Death is the only way I KNOW can get a support order dismissed.

• Yeti
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

(1) Don't have children.

(2) If you do have children, raise them yourself rather than pay someone else to raise them. (But it's usually more expensive to raise children yourself than to pay child support.)

(3) Let someone else adopt your child, such as if the other parent gets married and the new spouse is willing to adopt.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Keep your pants zipped.

• Isabel
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Surender parental rights.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Don't have children.  Don't have any income.  

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You'd have to go "off the grid" and look impoverished on paper. In most cases it's not worth it because if you can only work for cash in hand you're not earning nearly what you would be if you had a proper job. But some people are vindictive enough to do this, erroneously believing they're hurting their ex when really they're hurting their own children. 

• 2 months ago

1.  Dont have kids in the first place 

2.  Marry the mother and stay married

3. Gain custody of the kid..  The other parent would have to pay support

4. Sign over adoption papers for someone else to adopt the child (this requires a willing participant to take over the responsability).

5. Die

6. Child dies.

7. Child gets married or emancipates

• 2 months ago

When a parent who pays child support dies, the child support payments are no longer enforceable.

If the parent gives up their parental rights through adoption, child support is no longer collected because someone else is then the legal parent.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Leave the jurisdiction of the court that made the order.  It doesn't get you of the debt, but does complicate collection.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Die, that would get you out of paying child support.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.