JACKIE asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Can I travel to England from New York right now?

Looking to book a flight and visit my aunt though the airline sites say I can book this flight next week. Is it possible.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

i guess you can, you should  quarantined after travel . 

• MS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As far as COVID, England is allowing US citizens to enter the country right now.  I believe you have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival though.

• 2 months ago

People are not really reading your question correctly. You are flying TO the UK, not to the US. As I understand it, you can fly there, but you will be expected to self-isolate for 14 days once you get there. You can stay with your aunt, but you may not be able to leave her house or go anywhere else.

• 2 months ago

Travelling to the US would seem pointlessly risky at the moment. And you'd have to quarantine on return (even if you were allowed into the US; which is unlikely)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, but you have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival there.

• 2 months ago

MAYBE.  Your text does not show if you have any symptoms of a disease, have financial resources, a criminal record and other assorted stuff that an Immigration officer looks at before they allow you out of the Airport.

Shall we all guess if you can pass the Airlines screening line before you can even board the plane. Waving a ticket is not how it works.

The planes are flying,

Seats can be booked.

The UK allows people flying from New York to enter the UK. Most are subject to a minimum of two weeks quarantine. MOST are returning British Citizens or on essential travel.

How do you expect anyone here to know if YOU ARE allowed to enter the UK.

The system never was wave your passport and move along.

The rules change regularly about once a week now.

People who do not self-isolate can be fined up to £1,000 in England.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronav...

Good luck and be prepared to wear a mask for many hours. Good idea to use the loo before boarding. They are more comfortable on the ground and you avoid some of the many Covid issues during the flight.

You are not allowed to wander around the first two weeks of your visit.

As always they ask a REASONABLE plan for your time in England (UK) , a reasonable plan to self isolate, a reasonable way to finance your visit and a way to exit at the end of visit.

Airline tickets never were an entry ticket to England. Airport Immigration/Customs and now Health officials decide NOT AIRLINE STAFF.

• 2 months ago

You can book the flight, but you will be denied entry to the USA unless you are a US citizen.  I found this:

As it stands, British nationals cannot enter the USA if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran, Brazil or China within the previous 14 days.Unless you are a US citizen, married to a US citizen or are a green card holder, you cannot go to the USA right now.Only US citizens and permanent residents of the USA, certain specified close family members and some visa holidays are still able to enter the USA from the UK.Those eligible to enter the USA will still be required to self-isolate for up to 14 days after arrival and on return to the UK.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1319017/...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.