Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Did my boss have the right to replace me because I refused to work during the 7 weeks of the Covid-19 pandemic in New York City. Since my ?

Boss owns a pharmacy which is an essential Businesses my boss hired someone 15 years younger then me to do my job.

Now my boss said since I chose to walk off on him during the pandemic he is going to keep the new guy who worked for him during the height of the pandemic

• xyzzy

Of course he had the right to replace you, if he needed you and you refused to work then you are fired.

If they were open and scheduling you and you did not work, then naturally you got replaced.  

• Troy

you have the right not to work and he has the right to hire someone who will. Everyone's rights were respected. Get on the job search engine. Cool thing is that if you are half qualified that job is in demand and you will be reemployed quickly.

Good luck.

Yes, he's allowed to do that. We have an employment at will system, and there were no laws made during the pandemic requiring him to keep you. If you feel that your employment contract was somehow violated though, you can always try to sue. Some people would find what your boss did immoral, but it's totally legal. Age discrimination is illegal if you're over 40, but I don't think you have a compelling case here.

America is pro-employer and anti-employee. Your boss can’t rape you but he can certainly order you to die for him.