Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited KingdomLondon · 2 months ago

Is Cornwall near London ?

Someone told me that ‘I’m a celeb’ might be filmed in Cornwall because ‘it’s near london’ 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on your definition of 'near'. I could drive from London to the nearest point in Cornwall in about 4.5 hours, though to get to the furthest point of Cornwall would take at least an hour more.   It is certainly closer than the Lake District is to London.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What do you call "near"?

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

In American terms I suppose it is. Half of Americans think England is one big village , but actually no, 250 miles or so.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Not really. It's a pretty long way by British standards. The nearest point in Cornwall to London is about 230 miles away.

However, it is a lot nearer than Australia, where "I'm a celeb" is normally filmed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

More likely to be Wales, but Cornwall is not exactly handy for London, Penzance is the best part of 300 miles away.

• pmt853
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's all relative. Do you consider roughly 250 miles to be "near"?

• 2 months ago

And you cannot consult a map because?

• 2 months ago

I have read two different articles.  One suggested Wales and the other Scotland.  Both have lots of castles. I expect wherever they film, access will be one of the defining factors - the fewer ways of getting to it, the better.

• 2 months ago

Search engines are still your friends

246 miles or about 4 hours & 15 minutes

https://www.bing.com/search?q=distance+between+Lon...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes, it looks like Cornwall is near London maybe 45/50 minutes drive or about 60km away??! 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.