Anonymous

Does SSI ever ask to see what you've been buying online with a credit card and why would they if they do? ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Never did during my 10+ year's of getting benefit's zxwqp

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They have the ability to. However, they don't care nor have the time to go through and see what everyone on SSI is purchasing with their money. 

• 1 month ago

Social Security does not ask to see what you purchase, but if you have a conservator, a general accounting of how your benefits are spent may be requested.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.  Never have; probably never will - unless you must "spend down" a retroactive payment within a certain period of time - then HOW you spend it down matters.  Otherwise - no.

And, Teddy, they could look at statements if they needed to.  They would get a written consent from the beneficiary and, if the beneficiary refused to cooperate, they would suspend benefits.

I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • No, it is your money to spend as you please. They don't care what you buy with the money you don't need for rent, utilities, groceries, etc. They would not be allowed to look at your credit card statements, only essentials services, like rent and utilities to determine if youwere pying your fair share IF independent.

• 1 month ago

the only possibility i can think of would be if they think you need a payee and suspect you are mis spending money, but as long as you pay bills appropriately (housing, food, clothing, other needs 1st) and no one alleges you need a payee, they would not ask.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.