Lina asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 2 months ago

Question about wearing cosmetic at a EEG appointment (brain test)?

I'm not hundred percent what you call it in English, but in a few weeks I'm going to the doctor to measure the brain signals because I hunted myself when I was a kid. 

I'm an technically an adult (31) but suffer from severe anxiety when being stressed, So my mother is going to go with me. Despite my age, she argue that I'm not "allowed" to do anything than wearing clothes on. But the paper said the hair should be fresh.

I wondering when doing these type of elections tests, does wearing tiny bit of cosmetics affect the outcome? 

I'm not talking about full face makeup, I'm comfortable without it, but all I wanted was to wear little bit of concealer,  lipbalm and deodorant.  Has anybody been at this type of appointment before? Would a conceal affect their electronics?

Its feels like my mother overthink about the process, because the paper mainly was about the hair. Thoughts? 😖

HURTED my head, not hunted. Autocorrect 🤣

Favorite Answer

Deodorant is fine. It's nowhere near your head. Do wash your hair,  it's actually a requirement for the test. Clean hair makes it easier for the technicians. Don't use styling products.  They hate dirty hair or hair gunked with styling priducts. The hair is extremely important. The rest of you they don't care about. They attach disks to your scalp. Concealer and lip balm have no effect on an EEG as you use neither on your scalp so they are nowhere near that area they test. And relax, it's painless. They might ask you to think of things like chairs and tables and colors. Or they might ask you to think of nothing in particular. You just lean back, close your eyes and that's about it.  It's not invasive and they will try to make you as comfortable as possible. Don't be afraid to speak up about your anxiety. They need to know so they can help you.

Source(s): Read this for more information: https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/eeg/ab...
  • fcas80

You or your mother should phone the office first and ask.  It's a fair question to ask.  Good luck.