If Jesus died for our sins, so we can go to heaven -  then how do you explain this Biblical verse?  Revelation 22:15?

Revelation 22:15

"Outside [the gates of Heaven] are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Hogie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Simple, really. The actions of sins were dealt with through Jesus' sacrifice. That however did nothing to affect the heart and motive of heart, which is dealt with through repentance and believing the gospel. These are those who rejected Jesus.

John 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8  And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9  Of sin, because they believe not on me;

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Rev 21 and 22 are figurative descriptions of the worldwide Christian church kingdom of God. Read them again in that new light. John describes it as the New Jerusalem. It "came down from heaven." He also calls it the bride of Jesus, the Church. 

• 1 month ago

1 Cor. 15:1-4 puts perspective to that.  Where do you "stand"?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Az 2,  238: The populations tired of centuries of theistic myth had become science based, and mostly peaceful, enjoying the multiple physical pleasures afforded them, without guilt.  A period that may have been the high point of human development.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

That verse describes people who are found to be outside of Christ. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's called free choice.  

Any reason you're such a fervent Christian?  Do you REALLY think, based on your other questions, that you can convert anyone to your beliefs?

• 1 month ago

Jesus' death made it possible for us to go to heaven.  We can choose to accept or to reject that opportunity.  A person who dies in a state of unrepented mortal sin is punished by eternal damnation.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

So that's where the picture of dogs playing poker came from.  The statement means that sinners can't get into heaven.

• 1 month ago

You can enter a room if you open the door. 

• 1 month ago

He didn't.  He suffered an infinite punishment for sin in the quiet hours before his arrest to make it possible for us to repent.  Those who are found outside the gates chose not to give up their sins and make amends for them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.