Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why did Jesus die for our sins except for the sin of Blaspheming the Holy Spirit?

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the unforgivable sin so clearly he didn’t die for that sin. Why did he stop at dying for 99% of our sins and not do the little bit extra and die for 100% of our sins?

Sins unrepented of are included with that one, Luke 13:3.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the result of someone deliberately misusing their free will in order to deny Jesus' atoning sacrifice and hence, deny God's sovereign power to righteously and mercifully forgive their sins. As promised, God will continue to respect their free will choice, but they probably won't like the totally logical and very unfortunate result.

I haven't met too many Christians who weren't guessing about what blaspheming the Holy Spirit was. and I'm not sure myself. I noticed Jesus didn't go into details in the Bible. But what the idea does for me is to set me back a little. Get me to focus on God more, and notice that I'm concerned with whatever that might be. It is said somewhere else that Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and I think that is on the right track of what is important about blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

Source(s): bisexual Christian

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit means to die in a state of unrepented mortal sin.  This sin is also known as final impenitence.

• Archer

If Jesus died for our sins why are we still obligated for the shortsightedness of their god!

It's not some kind of magical ritual, or some kind of business transaction. Those are metaphors. What Jesus did was LIVE, and teach us what we need to learn. What he taught includes the promise that God has already forgiven our sins--ALL of them--and will help us get past the consequences of those sins, if we accept his help. 

The "blasphemy of the Spirit" of which he spoke is one of the ways people fail to accept the help. They decide they're righteous without God's help, and don't need to deal with their failings or be rescued from the consequences. And if they do that--if they reject the promptings of the Holy Spirit who guides us to salvation--they run the risk of not being saved. 

All any of us needs to do, to avoid that, is to GIVE UP the self-righteousness that blocks our path to salvation. We're not saved on a basis of what hoops we've jumped through; we're saved on a basis of who we've chosen to be. We're not condemned--if any of us are, at the end, condemned--on the basis of what bad things we've done; we would be condemned, in that case, on the basis of having decided we value those bad deeds too much to repent them. 

The blasphemy of the Spirit is no more a magical ritual than Jesus' death. We aren't saved by ritual; we're saved by changing the reality of who we are.

Jesus suffered an infinite punishment for sin in the quiet hours before his arrest.  Why isn't the sin against the Holy Ghost, which is far worse than simple blasphemy, covered by the atonement?

Well, the sin against the Holy Ghost is to utterly betray Jesus Christ when one knows better, a la Judas.  Most people don't have it in them to commit that.  Very few do.  It is to sin like Satan, against direct knowledge that Christ is the son of God, our savior and redeemer from sin and from death.  No atonement can cover infinite sin.

• yesmar

He didn’t die for our sins, he died for us, to save us from the hold the Fallen Kingdom has on us and to save us from death.

God has forgiven everybody for everything.

Source(s): Jesus follower

"Died" is a rather cloudy word.  It doesn't say what has to be said.  When Jesus was nailed to the cross, Jesus had asked God "why hath thou forsaken me?"  Clearly it was not Jesus's idea to die for our sins.  Rather, it was someone else's idea (atheists don't believe in God, so they believe that the idea was the Roman's) (theists believe that the death of Jesus was God's idea).  So, the word "died" doesn't really express it.  The real word should be "murdered."  In other words, God murdered Jesus because he didn't want to forgive human beings unless he murdered his own son (the miracle worker, the man/God of goodness).  This deprived the world of a miracle worker and it showed how horrible God was.

Fck the Holy Spirit.