Viktor asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

When a girl is a victim of sexual assault, is it a bad idea to post photos and videos of herself in bikinis on social media?

I am speaking on the behalf of a YouTuber who has been sexually assaulted when she was young.  As of right now, it has been two years since she has been assaulted and it is also summer. Recently, she has posting photos and videos of herself in bikinis.  She even wrote captions telling people that she will not let her traumatizing event hinder her from posting content she wants to post.  In other words, despite having something bad happen to her, she still wants to show bikini confidence.  As much as I appreciate her standing up for herself for what has happened to her, I feel that something bad may occur if she keeps this up.  As she was a victim, is it wrong for her to post content of herself in bikinis?  Why or why not? 

God has great love for you (john 3.16) God also has gteat plans for you (Jeremiah 29.11)

What are you suggesting?  That the rape was caused by her flaunting her body or that wearing a perfectly normal swimming suit is provocative?  

Or are you saying that once a woman has been abused, she must live like a frightened fugitive the rest of her life and never dress in a way that a pervert might find provocative?  Sounds like "Blame the victim" mentality to me!  Most rapes are not crimes of passion, but of anger and dominance. 

Good for her to have the courage to go on with her life as normally as possible.  Mind your own business.

It seems wrong.

It is still bothering her a lot.