How to make a low sodium shrimp broil?
I started making shrimp boil.well out of 5 people 3 people in my family said they can’t eat it again because the flavors are over powering with all the butter, sauce and stuff and the old bay.they said it was really good but after they ate it they had a upset stomach(my parents have high cherestorol and my younger brother has digestion issues) .how to make a low sodium broil so it can be less Overpowering of its no way.
- JOHN BLv 61 month ago
Don't use any seasoning. Shrimp is naturally high in cholesterol but shouldn't cause a problem. If they are effected after eating with no seasoning they may have an allergy to shrimp.
- CrustyCurmudgeonLv 71 month ago
I live in the vicinity of Mayport, FL, and in this part of the country there's a common recipe for boiled shrimp:
1. Use fresh shrimp. Prepare them by pulling off the heads and cooking them with the shrimp.
2. Put 2 or 3 times the volume of shrimp to determine the amount of water for the pot.
3. Buy Zatarines crab and shrimp boil (liquid if you can find it) and add to the water per package directions.
4. With the water at a full boil, drop in the shrimp and heads and stir. When they float to the top and are pink, take off the stove and let steep for 20 minutes. Retrieve them with a slotted spoon or mesh strainer, leaving the heads behind.
5. Serve with ketchup seasoned with horseradish and lemon juice to your preferred spice level.
NOTE: Steeping the shrimp makes them very easy to peel.
- kswck2Lv 71 month ago
You can make your own Old Bay-just leave out the sodium.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- CBLv 71 month ago
Many recipes and suggestion (primarily use low sodium old bay) by googling - wait for it............... "low sodium shrimp boil recipe"
- Anonymous1 month ago
Whenever making a "low sodium" recipe for anything - start by using low sodium ingredients.
Next, whatever amount of salt the recipe calls for - use less salt than the recipe recommends.
Also, try using less bay leaves. That is a very strong and overpowering flavor. It may not just be the amount of salt. It is the strength of all ingredients involved.