Thoughts on $OPTI Optec stock?

Just starting my trading venture as I have expunged all my resources into real estate. Then I came across the company Optec stock symbol $OPTI. I was think about invest around 20k.

For those that have done their due diligence and know the potential of the stock would you consider it a good “all in” type of investment for short term or even long term. I know there always risks but with the upsides of the progression of the company and recognition I don’t see it a flop.

Also possibly help with a suggestion of an exit strategy or what yours. I know this is a good buy currently I just need some tips or suggestions because I am a novice. I am trading on Charles Schwab if that’s of any aid towards advice. Thank you.

If you're just starting, you should be investing 20k in any one company; you should be investing small amounts in many companies.

I think there is at least a 50% chance that it is part of a "pump and dump" scheme.

If you had bought the stock this at the close yesterday you would have already lost 15% of your investment.

The company has one paid employee. 

The company has not filed SEC disclosure documents for nearly two years.

In 2018 the company lost nearly three million dollars and there is no reason to believe it has made any money since then.

I would avoid investing in this company.

• Steve

OPTI. The 12 cents stock? Well, Im a proponent of penny stocks, but that alone doesnt make it a buy in my book and I dont usually buy that low. One of the only true penny stocks like that could blow up is a biotech company. This Im really skeptical of. Ive had experience in similar priced stocks. What they sometimes do is have a reverse split. That usually doesnt end well for the investor or the stock. It could do something, but I dont think Id take the chance. Certainly nowhere near thousands of dollars. Since you are a newbie, you may not know that a penny stock is classified as any stock from true pennies up to $5. Just because you can buy 10s of thousands shares of a stock doesnt make it a good play. It sounds great and you think you are going to hit jackpot with it, but please take it from someone thats done that. It pretty much isnt. In a nutshell and because I was once a newbie and had foolish, big dreams, invest in penny stocks, but not this low of a penny stock. Theres maybe a 1% chance that youll hit paydirt, but do you want to play those odds? Good luck to you.