Can the school see my internet history?

At home using my own laptop, I was browsing some stuff in incognito mode. Suddenly I realised I was logged in to the school email. Was the school able to see the things I search for? If so how can I help myself?

• Only if you are using the schools WIFI like some cities have it set up that way. If you 

have your own internet service provider than you have nothing to worry about. 

If the school's central computer was acting as your service provider (which IS possible), they would have a log of every place you visited.  Private browsing only affects your local computer, not any other computer down the connection from you.

If you were on your home ISP, then being logged in to the school's e-mail is unlikely to have had any crossovers.  Different protocols involved, for one thing.

If you are worried about getting "found out" just remember that even a small moment of carelessness will give you away.  Maybe you should just not visit places inappropriate for you.

• Lv 7

i don't know how you think email works, but accessing an email website does NOT give the owner of the site access to your computer or browsing history...

• P

Only if you were physically at school when you did this.  Otherwise if you were not physically at school you are fine.

No.  Being logged into an email account does not allow the person who host the email account to see what you are doing on your computer.  The only information that would be send between the two are emails.  Unless you emailed your history to them, they can not see it.

No they cannot.

No. They cannot see your browsing history on your personal laptop just because you are logged into the school email.

That being said, if you're browsing stuff that could get you in trouble with school, maybe you shouldn't be browsing that stuff to begin with.