Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Can a freshly vaccinated 4 year old go around a 5 day old baby?

my new born and I are freshly out the hospital and my husband wants his 4 year old son to meet his brother. My concern is our 4 year old just got vaccinated yesterday. polio and hep.. is it safe for him to go around the new baby yet or should we wait and how long if so?

• Edna

No one who has recently been vaccinated with either the polio vaccine or the Hep vaccine is contagious to anyone. else.

A person who was vaccinated against polio prior to 2000 may have received the oral polio vaccine, which was made from a live polio virus. Present day polio vaccines are made from a killed polio virus

.There are several injectable Hepatitis A vaccines. None contain a live virus.   

• Koi

No keep him away for 3 months at least. 

I wouldn't have thought so, vaccine recipients can shed any live viruses in the vaccine for a week or two afterwards.

Yes, completely safe to do.

Yes, it's safe.