onthe45 asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

Why doesn't Canelo fight Terrence Crawford at light-middle or maybe a catch weight?

He doesnt want to.

• Mier

First of all Crawford would want nothing to do with Canelo at any weight. Canelo is the bigger draw by far as well so if that fight is to happen, Crawford should meet Canelo at the weight Canelo chooses . If the fight ever did happen what happened to Amir Khan when he fought Canelo would happen to Crawford.

Nah I dunno, his last fight was at 175, I can't even remember the last time he got down to super-welter, was it for Lara?

He's too big, I can't see him getting back down there, besides, there's enough competition at 60 & 68, the problem is no one wants to take a Covid pay cut so nothing's getting signed, they want to fight but they want the same money, BJS recently turned it down complaining that the money wasn't enough and Crawford has already made it crystal clear that he won't be taking a pay cut either.

I'm not sure Crawford could make a catchweight above 154, he isn't the biggest welter and has already climbed up 3 divisions, I think he should focus on Spence Jr, Garcia, Porter, Brook, there's enough fish in the sea there.