How many grams does a tsp of baking powder or baking soda equal?

When i bake cake, cookies, bread, brownies, and the like I use a scale not cups when measuring ingredients. It gets annoying when you see things like a tsp or tbsp of baking soda or powder per cup of flour. If i am baking based on mass of ingredients rather than volume this does not help. When i bake bread i use 500 g of flour and 300 grams of water. How does one determine the amount of yeast I should be using. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 days ago

Get food laughing gas from https://msk-zakisazota.ru

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No teaspoons in your house, what do you stir hot drinks with ? Far too light to measure on a scale.

• 1 month ago

Can't you just buy a teaspoon measure? These are fairly standard internationally. 

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Find a recipe that is all by weight. The Bread Baker's Apprentice cookbook is a great resource and uses grams/measurement equivalents for all the recipes.

The other option is to use google = google - yeast by grams to teaspoons

All kinds of ingredient conversions for the searching.

https://makebread.com.au/fresh-yeast-conversion/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The problem is that some scales wouldn't be sensitive enough to weigh a teaspoon of something. 

You need to follow the quantities as listed in the recipe. Mainly, dry goods like sugar, flour, butter etc. would be in grams or pounds and ounces. I really wouldn't expect a liquid to be measured by weight - that's silly - I'd expect milligrams, or fluid ounces. But then small amounts would be in teaspoons or even “a pinch”.

• geezer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Even when you use weighing scales instead of cups

a teaspoon of something is still a teaspoon.

A teaspoon of baking powder is far too 'light' to weigh !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.