FAFSA + Financial Aid?

So, I filed + submitted my FAFSA late...like super late...like 3 weeks before the 2020-2021 year begins. Normally, it takes months for schools to review your FAFSA, but since I submitted it so late, how long do you think it’ll take? And the first disbursements go out the first day of class, so if my FAFSA hasn’t been reviewed or isn’t finished being reviewed by that time, will I ever get that money I missed?

• 1 week ago

update for everyone who answered: i applied in time & i still got my aid! to the gov i really needed the aid 

Look at your student aid report - is there a little * next to the EFC?  If so, you are flagged for verification - your college will have the form on line.  Download it, get the required documents, and submit them.    Will you get your aid disbursements on the 1st day of school?  probably not, and you might have missed the boat entirely on any state and institutional aid you might have qualified for, but you will eventually get your federal aid disbursements for the fall semester... be prepared to lay out some $$ before then!   AND, the 2021-2022 FAFSA application opens 10/1/2020 - have yours done by 10/2/2020!!!

• MS

It depends on your school's policy, but most set a deadline for the FAFSA and for financial aid review.  So you may not be eligible for any federal aid through your school this year.  Contact the financial aid office - they are the only ones who can tell you for sure.

you missed the boat on this one and it has sailed for the first semester.  your fault and see the financial aid people about this after FAFSA responds "complete" [not before, they'll just tell you to file FAFSA]