Should you marry a woman about whom you know very little ?

In  less civilized societies like India, men are being  told to marry unknown women , by their relatives. This is called "Conventional" marriages. Many relatives do this for getting Commission from the bride's relatives, instead of giving Dowry,to the Bridegroom.R$esult is Divorce , sooner or later.

Update:

In Christianity, Islam and Hindu religions ,the marriage is sanctified only if the  girl is a Virgin.Otherwise it means that she is already under "Remore Control" of the clergy,criminalised politicians, close relatives, etc.

Update 2:

LIKE ALL  OTHER INSTITUTIONS HAVING  CORRUPTED  GOVT. OFFICIALS   (refer  reports by AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL) THE INSTITUTION  OF MARRIAGE ,AND THE MATRIMONIAL WEBSITES ,  HAVE   MORE OR LESS COME UNDER THE CONTROL OF POLITICAL MAFIAS ON WHOM THE GOVT. OFFICIALS  DEPEND HEAVILY ,FOR  UNACCOUNTED INCOME. THE PRESENT B.J.P.  LEADERS CALL IT "CONGRESS CULTURE" .CORRUPTION HAS BEEN INSTITUTIONALISED AND INSTITUTIONS HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED.THE BEST EXAMPLE IS THE CORRUPTED "C.J.I." ONE KGB.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

WHERE THERE IS NO TRUST ,THERE IS  A BAD RELATIONSHIP. Whether it is a marriage relationship, Friendship or Business relationship or Family relations, mutual Trust is a prime requisite. Human society , over the ages , has become more and more exploitative, inhumane and  in Islamic  nations  like Pakistan , extremely BARBARIC !!. WITHOUT  ANY MUTUAL  AGREEMENTS , LIKE PRE-NUPTIALS,NO EDUCATED PERSON  SHOULD ENTER INTO ANY KIND OF MARRIAGE  OR OTHER KIND OF RELATIONSHIP. HIGHLY CORRUPTED POLITICIANS  , DUE TO THEIR POLITICAL  CLOUT OVER THE JUDICIARY, ARE  CREATING HAVOC  FOR THE  NAIVE YOUTH , IN  LEGALLY  ILLITERATE COUNTRIES LIKE INDIA.  MARRIAGE LICENCES  ARE UNHEARD OF  TILL DATE . SO, WHILE CONSIDERING IMPLEMENTATION OF THE UNIFORM CIVIL CODE, IT WOULD BE   MORE PRACTICAL  FOR THE G.O.I. TO  MAKE  MARRIAGE LICENCES MANDATORY , IN THE PUBLIC INTERESTS. OTHERWISE ONLY THE CRIMINALS  IN BLACK , OF THE INDIAN JUDICIARY, WILL BE THE MAIN BENEFICIARY  OF THE HUGE INCREASE IN DIVORCES DUE TO ALL KINDS OF  AVOIDABLE REASONS.

Source(s): The American Institute of Family Relations,Los Angeles, California
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Of course not. But in arranged marriages, as the ones you describe in India, the family (usually the parents) know a lot about the person they're setting up with their adult child. The bride and groom may not have knowledge of each other's little personality quirks, but their parents know everything from where they went to school to how religiously observant they are. The point of such matchmaking is to pair your kid with someone you think they'll be happy with. 

Lv 7
    2 months ago

People "should" do what they feel is best for them. Here in the US, marrying virtual strangers is no commonplace among Americans and I personally would never consider it. However, even some couples that dated for years before marriage, end up divorcing. There is no guarantee that won't happen, no matter how well 2 people know each other before marriage.

• 2 months ago

I have spent a lot of my life learning about my wife. Her experiences, and attitudes. How much could you possibly know about any wife after only a few years?  If you waited until you knew everything about her you would be 100 years old before marriage.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

it has nothing to do with less civilized.

people do affiar before and after marriage.

god know how many dead babies in plastic u have.

I wouldnt judge.

Marriage shud happen if both are similar and love each other.

• 2 months ago

No that's gay  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.