Travis
Travis asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 2 months ago

If I don’t like extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, or snow, where in the US should I live ?

Seems you should live in your basement . Black-out the windows and soundproof the room . You should be pretty safe there .

That’s a tough question. Every state has some type of bad weather. I would tar a state like Colorado would have pretty tame weather by USA standards. But you would have to deal with all of the mountains.

If you definitely don't like any of these things, you should live in California, particularly along the coast. However, if California is too expensive, crowded, or fast paced for you or you want variation in weather, you should live somewhere like North Carolina or Virginia. Those places experience more variation in weather than most of California, but still not as hot as the Deep South or as cold as the Midwest or New England.

Source(s): My brain and interest in weather.
  • Jim

Sounds like you need to live near the beach in SoCal.

I live in San Diego and it's almost perfect (and very few insects)

Maybe somewhere near Chicago is truly best for you zxvq

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Santa Barbara, CA.

Nice weather, but... it is VERY costly and getting more crowded every year.

I'm with you. When my wife and I were looking for a place to retire, I grabbed my copy of Climate and Man and traced the maps of the USA, superimposing the places that were too cold or snowy for me or too hot and rainy for my wife. We settled in the southern Piedmont of Virginia. Actually, there was a strip of the country that ran southwest to the mountains of Georgia. There were also a few spots in California. You might want to make your own maps. Your interests may differ from ours.

wrong forum.  belongs in geography.

• KennyB

Underground