mary asked in PetsDogs · 2 months ago

my chahauhau got spaded today and seems to be in pain how much tramedal do i give her?

my chahauhau got spaded today she weighs 6.3 pounds and seems to be in pain we have some tramadAL BUT I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH TO GIVE HER

The word is "spayed". The dosing instructions are on the Rx bottle that the vet gave you.

You will need to contact your Vet for dosing information.  There may be dosing instructions online.  We are not allowed to play Vet.  Dosing too much is bad.  If the Vet gave you tramadol for this, he also gave you instructions.  Some dogs go through this procedure with out skipping a step & you can't get them to stay still to save your life.  Other dogs, like humans, have a low pain threshold & suffer pain after procedure but it is not a bad horrible pain.  If Vet did not supply you with tramadol, don't give it to your dog. or call vet to see if it is okay to give it to her & he/she will tell you how much you need.

I don't want to give you the wrong information & kill your dog.

• Ocimom

Call your vet.  Don't give human meds to pets without consulting a vet first.

• "my chahauhau got spaded today and seems to be in pain how much tramedal do i give her?"

What you SHOULD have typed is:

⚬ "❗️My ❗️Chihuahua got spayed today and seems to be in pain⬤ ❗️How much ❗️Tramadol should ❗️I give her?"

where each ❗️ is to remind you that THAT word needs a capital letter, and each ⬤ is to remind you that each sentence ends with a ⬤ unless it ASKS a question. As you seem to be too young to KNOW that (I expected children to learn those 2 things while they were 6 - or 7 at the latest), YOU are presumably too young to be in charge of a dog - even a tiny one like a Chihuahua (tiny, unless your Chihuahua is from the British Islands in the Caribbean, where Frank Manolson ("D is for Dog") saw much bigger Chihuahuas pack-hunting peccaries).

There IS a Spanish & Portuguese word "tramedal" - but as it means a bog or a swamp you would not use IT as medicine, I hope! Which makes Tramadol the likeliest guess for what you didn't bother to CHECK!

And WE don't KNOW how much Tramadol you *DO* give her, so I changed that word to "should". But I would not use Tramadol that was prescribed for a person. I would use the Paracetamol or Ibuprofen (or whatever) that the VET prescribed for your pet - the number to give and the gap before it is safe to give another dose will be on the bottle. If the vet DIDN'T prescribe any painkiller, RING THE VET CLINIC and tell your vet what your pet Chihuahua is doing to show her discomfort, then get to that vet for a prescription. In my country it will be counted & packed on the spot, but if your nation has different ideas you will need to take the prescription to a chemist.

👹Until YOU know more than your doctor and your vet know, do NOT switch medicines around!

• "my chahauhau got spaded today she weighs 6.3 pounds and seems to be in pain we have some tramadAL BUT I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH TO GIVE HER"

⚬ "---- --------------- ---- --------- ------ ❗️She weighs 6.3 pounds⬤ ---- ------- --- --- --- ---- ❗️We have some ❗️Tramadol but I don't know how much to give her⬤"

The dashes are to remind you that you wrote THOSE bits into the very first field, and so they are totally redundant in the start of the 2nd field.

Where on EARTH do you live that puts a decimal point into Imperial weights?

My nation threw out Imperial units in 1976 - which meant that although I had grown up with £ s d and Imperial measurements, and taught them during my first dozen years as a teacher, as of 1974 and '75 I had to teach metrics well enough to my 7, 8, 9 years old pupils that they could go home and explain them to Mum & Dad.

Les the aged Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

• ?

Ask the vet that spayed your dog this question. Not strangers on the internet who are not vets and do NOT know your dog.

• Maxi

When the dog was spayed the vet gave the dog painkiller, so it will not be in pain, some vets will also prescribe pain meds if required and explain dosage to you....... but done today it doesn't need any  more or you will overdose .....phone your vet if you are concerned and ASK THE VET

• jean

this happened to me after my dog had a tooth out. Ring the vet to get advice. If she is in pain she will need pain killers but at the right dose

• A

ask your vet..................

the amount that the vet prescribed to her

It's SPAYED, not spaded, and your vet should have given you that info if he or she prescribed tramadol, if it isn't on the prescription bottle how much to give. Call your vet. If it wasn't prescribed by your vet, don't give it.