Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 2 months ago

How can I feel less self conscious about wearing sandals?

I'm a guy and I really love wearing sandals during the summer. They're comfortable and there's nothing that feels nicer than having your toes breathe during warm weather. But I can never help but feel self conscious. I feel like every person is judging me and that it makes me look dorky or less masculine wearing them. I wish I could get these self conscious thoughts out of my head because like I said, I really like wearing them and last thing I want is for people around me to prevent me from enjoying what I wear. Sneakers seems to be the cool thing to wear, but I hate wearing enclosed shoes during warm weather.

So, how can I feel less self conscious about wearing sandals?

I like wearing sandals and I used to also be a bit worried people would look at me weird but I enjoy it so I don't care what people think, Just wear them, if you enjoy wearing them that's what maters

• Brian

I wear sandals in the snow where I am.  I even wore them with ice on the ground it was a balmy -4 F degrees.  Wear them if you want to be comfertable and do not care what other may or may not think.  You are the only one who has to live in your body; only you get a vote on what you do or wear.