Bill
Lv 7
Bill asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Should US citizens that support Japan being nuked at the end of WWII also support the US being nuked under similar circumstances ?

What if the US is all but defeated, but won't give up. Does it then become acceptable for the enemy of the US to kill millions of US citizens with nukes? After all, the reasoning for dropping nukes on Japan is because they wouldn't give up, so if the US won't give up it seems proper then to nuked them. 

Tell me, nuke loving supporters, what did I miss about your logic? I'm sure you will say something, but I doubt it will be any good.

Update:

Is that all you got?: Well dear, they openly support the death of innocent civilians rather be men, women, children, or babies by dropping nukes on them, so yeah. 

Update 2:

I don't see much in terms of arguments. Keep trying there champs. lol

Update 3:

@Harry Butts: So you're saying the alternative was also attacking civilians. You don't even see what is wrong with that, do you? lol

12 Answers

Relevance
  • jimmy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The simple fact is that the USA dropped the atom bombs on Japan because Japan couldn't retaliate with their own atom bombs. Today it's a different story because the USA aren't the only country with weapons of mass destruction.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

YOU want to start a war and find-out ?????

• 2 months ago

We invaded Okinawa.  We saw 4000 Japanese soldiers doing Banzai charges directly into our guns,  knowing they would die.   They would rather die than surrender.  Women were throwing their kids off the cliffs and then jumping after because they were told US soldiers were going to rape them all.   Somewhere between 100,000 and 200,000 people died taking that one small island.  We expected the same kind of fanatical attacks and suicidal responses when we hit the main islands.   The estimated death toll would be well over a million dead.    We decided to use the bomb to show them they could not win.   200,000 dead is better than a million so I think we did the right thing.   They DID have the opportunity to surrender before we used them,  they did not do it.  

• 2 months ago

Don't start what you can't finish.

Operation Olympic had an estimated 1,000,000 casualties associated with it. Whole Division sized units written off on D+2. 

Every man, woman and child was armed and indoctrinated to die for the Emperor. 

The Japanese has been in Korea since 1910, and China since the early 1930's, French Indochina a bit after that. And the Philippines as well. Exerting a brutal reign of terror on the inhabitants under the guise of a "Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere". Murder, rape, death by a thousand cuts, cannibalism (Chi Chi Jima), beheadings, purposeful starvations,. Unit 731 conducted chemical and biological experiments on their captives, then dissected them live.   

Japan had their own nuclear program, which was being fueled by Nazi Uranium materials captured in transit (on U-234) to them after VE Day. They would most certainly have used them indiscriminately against any and all. 

All documentable and objectively presented. 

They got off easy with a couple of small nukes.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Hear this---> I DO NOT SUPPORT ANYONE BEING "NUKED" ! Got IT? 

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Actually Japan was trying to surrender at the time we bombed them.  The dropping of the 2 a-bombs were meant to serve as a warning to the Soviet Union.

• 2 months ago

oh look.... moral equivalency....

that wonderful little toy with which the pretense of moral superiority is taken on by the morally vacant.....

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

shut up or be nuked!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Obviously you never been in Combat! And dropping both A BOMB'S saved millions of Lives. And they weren't Nuke bombs you goddamn Moron.

• 2 months ago

gawd you are dumb, there are no nuke lovers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.