Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Do recent events prove we need to abolish affirmative action?

39 Answers

Relevance
  • KTJoe
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What?? No affirmative action to abolish..Recent events prove that high schools, and colleges need to make "Government" courses mandatory. I mean people are so uniformed, frankly I'm embarrassed.

• 2 months ago

In our state it is needed for the Caucasian males.  There is really no hope for them trying to obtain employment.

• 2 months ago

Wouldn't happen because the Left's obsession with science and numbers conveniently takes a break under certain circumstances. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Has nothing to do with nothing. You are very bright

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Isabel
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Certainly not.  I don’t see any correlation.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You need to draw the correlation to your assertion f/ specific current events. We're not mind readers. I don't see activism that draws attention to racial inequality a reason to bash affirmative action if that's what you're talking about ... quite the contrary. Passiveness is tacit approval. We know that doesn't work. It's how unrest became activism. I saw activism in the mid 1950s result in the Civil Rights Act mid 1960s. Sure, it got ugly at times but the results were positive.

• 2 months ago

Quite the contrary. Recent events prove that affirmative action in it's current state is wholly inadequate to redress the problems caused by the racist history and present of the US. The only proper redress is the immediate transfer of all wealth to Native American and African American US citizens. 

• Ann
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The only systematic racism we have.

• 2 months ago

Not recent events, there has been evidence that it should have been abolished a while ago with minorities making the case themselves.

• 2 months ago

several years back a guy that sat on the admissions board of an Ivy League medical school said that, if they had gone strictly on academic merit, 100% of their incoming first year med students would have been Asian females for three consecutive years...

....as long as that kind of thing remains a trend, affirmative action isn't going anywhere...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.