How can I get my mom to stop being annoying ?

She tells me how to run my life. She wants me to go for nursing and legal secretary while getting my degree.

Instead I chose direct care and becoming a veterinarian and she’s disgusted with it. She’s especially upset with me because I would rather work with dogs then internet sales right now.

I was offered a position at a car dealership but never got anything in response so I continued looking and now have an interview for a dog daycare.

My mom thinks I’ll get covid from the dogs and would rather have me wait another month or two for the dealership to get back to me

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are living at home, your mom is just giving her input, especially if you are under 18 years old.    I would LOVE to work with dogs... Tell her to please leave you alone,.  At least you will have a paycheck coming in.  Then maybe something even better may pop up, and you will get an even better job.  I HOPE YOU GET THE JOB AT DOGGY DAYCARE.

• Lester
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You may need to have a conference with her to see if you can work out your differences with her 

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You need to tell yer to mind her own business.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Stop talking to her about your career choices, educational choices, and job hunt.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Tell your mom to F off and get out of your life. This is your life and the choices are yours. Move out of there and tell her to F right off.

• 1 month ago

we're sorry to hear about your mother running your life.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.