How can I get my mom to stop being annoying ?

She tells me how to run my life. She wants me to go for nursing and legal secretary while getting my degree.

Instead I chose direct care and becoming a veterinarian and she’s disgusted with it. She’s especially upset with me because I would rather work with dogs then internet sales right now.

I was offered a position at a car dealership but never got anything in response so I continued looking and now have an interview for a dog daycare.

My mom thinks I’ll get covid from the dogs and would rather have me wait another month or two for the dealership to get back to me

Favorite Answer

If you are living at home, your mom is just giving her input, especially if you are under 18 years old.    I would LOVE to work with dogs... Tell her to please leave you alone,.  At least you will have a paycheck coming in.  Then maybe something even better may pop up, and you will get an even better job.  I HOPE YOU GET THE JOB AT DOGGY DAYCARE.

• Lester

You may need to have a conference with her to see if you can work out your differences with her 

• Kathy

You need to tell yer to mind her own business.

• Lisa A

Stop talking to her about your career choices, educational choices, and job hunt.

Tell your mom to F off and get out of your life. This is your life and the choices are yours. Move out of there and tell her to F right off.

we're sorry to hear about your mother running your life.