Floyd asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Military question?

I need help. I want to join the air force. I know MEPS is designed to keep people out. I'm 22 years old and have ADHD. I have been off medication for 11 years. Do I need to mention this or should I keep quiet about it?

Mention it anyway because you don't care whether they keep you out or not.  If they reject you, consider it an accomplishment.  If they accept you anyway then you know their standards are pretty darn low.

• ?

As part of the enlistment process, you have to complete a medical personal history. You also have to sign waivers to release all records to the military pertaining to court, police, credit history, medical and scools. You also sign an acknowledgement that you understand that lying or ommitting information is a federal felony. Do you think any of these records refer to your issue?

• Mrsjvb

Yes you must mention it.  Off medication o my counts if there is a paper trail that shows your doctor took you off the meds.  Just having stopped taking them is a PDQ

You need to mention it.   Lets say you do not mention it.   They have you sign a waiver so they can get your school and medical records.   Anything in either of those that might mention your ADHD?    Did you get any special education help in school because of it?    You think the school will delete that information?   Nope.  How about your doctor?    He will have it in your record that you were on medication.    He is not going to delete the info either.    So they catch you.    Lets assume they do not catch you and you get in.   How are you going to take your meds in basic?    How are you going to get MORE meds?    If you do not take your meds you might start acting a little funny.   Eventually they will catch you,  kick you out for fraudulent enlistment and they may send you to prison for a while.    But hay,   starting a military career based on a LIE is OK,  right?   You know,   that whole "I will not lie, cheat or steal"   saying only applies to other people,  not you.   YOU are special.