If you won the lottery, what would you do?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Well... Up front: pay the IRS.  Give them their share (which is probably half...), and be done with it. 

Then, I'd start by creating a joint account with my siblings; I'd make the account in my name, but give them access to it - that way, the taxes on the money has already been paid, and they can use it for a new house, pay off bills, new cars... etc. 

Next, friends - pay off mortgages, bills... I have a friend at work that is upside down on their house, and I'd pay that sucker off & give them a new life.  And everyone in my section would get a $10,000 prepaid Visa card. 

If it was one of the larger jackpots - the $250 million or more - then, I'd approach the restaurants and businesses in my town, and ask what they'd need to just live until COVID finally went away... Keep everyone alive until times are better.  At the same time, I'd go to the service organizations - Kiwanis, Lions Club, Boys & Girls Club, Scouts, Oddfellows, VFW, American Legion, Shriner's Hospitals - and make sure they had funds to help out all the kids & veterans for a few years. 

And, I just want enough to live & travel on...  I'd make myself & many others happy... That would be cool...

• 1 month ago

Drugs, lots of drugs. Been sober for 16 years but only because I couldn't maintain. If I didn't have to worry about money and rent and making ends meet I'm sure I would do drugs, they're awesome. I'm also pretty sure I'd be dead within a year, so I don't play the lottery.

• 1 month ago

cure world hunger

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on how much $ was involved. I won the lottery last year...$10 didn't go far. 

Your question belongs in Entertainment & Music>Polls & Surveys as it's currently in Yahoo Products>Yahoo Answers and not applicable to this subcategory (and thus decreases your chances of getting many useful answers).

Moving your question can be done by clicking Edit (pencil icon for mobile)>Edit category just beneath your question, then selecting the category that's appropriate for the topic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Live anonymously as a man with no name and become the one who knocks. 

• 1 month ago

Buy Yahoo and run this site the way it ought to be run. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

depends on how much if it is millions then a house in Germany one in London with a Motorcycle in each garage and i would fly on holiday first class

• User
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That depends very much on how much I would win.

I've won several times already...but never more than $10.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

get a new set of tires for my truck ..........................

• 1 month ago

***** I would do so much things. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.