Ricky
Ricky asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 2 months ago

Should I adopt a kid ?

I can't get a single gf. No girls wants me. I'm gonna give up but I'm thinking about adopting a kid. I'm ready for all responsibility. I have enough money to take care of my self and a kid. I'm a 28 year old guy. 

Favorite Answer

There will be a lot of background checks done before they agree for you to be put on the adoption waiting list and it also depends where you live but in general if you are financially stable and have a home for a child and your health is good and can give daily support then I don't see why you wont be accepted, as long as you don't live with parents - presuming you work full time who will watch the child??

Yes.

Adoption from foster care is the most likely way you would be able to adopt as very few people placing infants for adoption choose a single parent.

Talk to your Department of Social Services.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.
  • Adam

It shouldn’t do but it sounds like strange to do this. It’s really hard to say, personally I would wait until I found a partner because children tend to be managed easier with two people.