Overloading College Classes?

Currently, I have 13 credit hours for this semester. My classes, however, are "crammed" into Thursdays and Fridays. Is that very abnormal? All my other days are off. 

Sorry, I'm dumb. Didn't look at the next week's schedule.

• Murzy

You will work very hard on those days.

One semester I gave myself Tuesdays and Thursdays off and scheduled all my classes for Monday-Wednesday-Friday. I was a good student and thought I'd be fine, just have more unstructured time.

By the end of that semester, if I attended four classes on a class day, I was doing better than usual. It was also my worst semester in terms of grades, deservedly so.

• DON W

It is unusual.  At least in the US, at a standard 4 year college for undergraduate studies, courses are either Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday.  Labs can be on any day.

At the graduate level, courses are more typically one day (usually an evening) a week.

Are you in a non-standard program?  Are your courses on-line or in person?  For non-synchronous on-line classes, it doesn't really matter what day your course is.  The nominal class day is just when the professor uploads that week's material, with students having a week to complete it usually.

UPDATE

So it was only your week 1 schedule that was Thursday/Friday?  Often semesters don't start on a Monday, meaning your first week isn't a good measure of following weeks.

• Lili

Sometimes it works that way. You can't control how the Registrar decides to schedule classes.

It is odd that they are all on Thursdays and Fridays. It would be more normal for them all to be on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or all on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

Bu this gives you 3 weekdays to get a lot of studying done and perhaps to hold down a part-time job, too.

Don W, unless you are taking graduate classes in night school, they meet during the day. I did not have a single graduate seminar that met in the evenings during my 3 years of coursework while earning a PhD. I don't know of any Master's or PhD program that schedules classes in the evenings for regular, full-time graduate students.