What does the Holy Bible mean when it says Satan is the ruler of the Earth?

Does he really control everything on Earth? I'm scared. What does it mean? Why did God let Satan control Earth and Hell for?

Does God let Satan control Earth but sometimes intervenes when he does things that are too extremely bad?

I need to know what "Ruler of the Earth means" in the holy bible when it talks about Satan exactly please.

31 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

You must go back to Genesis. Eve ate of the tree of knowledge, to know good and evil. As man sinned and was forced out of Eden Their flesh became away for the devil to get back at God. We as humans would not know good if their was no evil. The devil thinks he is in control, but God is teaching man what evil is. The devil wants to rule so God lets him rule. Now it is up to man to fall for it. Everyone knows what good is and what evil is. Right now the devil makes people believe that good is bad and bad is good. Will you fall for it. 

John 14:30-31 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise let us go hence.

Even Jesus left before the presence of evil crossed him. The devil has no power within him. The Father wanted Jesus to stay away from the devil and that is exactly what he did. 

The devil is not in charge of Hell.  Hell will be his prison. 

So have faith in God and focus on good and not evil. Know the signs of evil they are presence everyday so keep a distance. 

• Al
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

In my understanding, Satan in ancient myths and Astrological depiction is related to the lower mind, which is what separates us from our Spirit nature mind, they both exist within us, In the Bible, James refers to it as Double Minded, the dualistic nature of thought, the lower mind is depicted as Al-Sartan in the stars, its the crab at the heel of Hercules bruising it as Hercules holds a snake in his left hand and a sword in his right, all symbolic, each arm represents an aspect of the mind, the right represents the spirit, the left represents the human physical nature, the crab is a stumbling block in the nature of man..... as long as we long to have possessions of this world to keep us safe, we are under the lower rule...ancients have known this for eons.

• 1 month ago

It means our human nature is the controller of this earth, where this nature has both good and bad elements. As humans, we can go to a very dark place, or quite the opposite, depending on the "state" of mind we allow and nurture. It is ironic and funny  that theists believe this human nature will no longer exist in heaven/paradise and everyone will just magically get along. If you are a Christian, you would have to believe that God makes humans into robots to be programmed in order for human nature not to exist anymore, which is ironically their excuse for Free Will, stating that God does not want robots. As long as "emotions" are involved, there will always be problems.

• 1 month ago

This means that Satan is the ruler of this world and has control of the earth at the current moment (1 John 5:19). For more information, please visit jw.org.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

WHY SATAN RULES THIS WORLD

Spiritual Laws can never be boken:

God can never break His word.

Two must be in agreement to walk together.

In the beginning God decreed that we authority to rule on earth (like little gods); including the power to rule over Satan.

We committed spiritual treason and rebelled, so God 'put it on our hearts' to turn our authority over to Satan; who is king over all the proud and the god of this world (according to Jesus).

A synopsis of the history of the world:

Fallen angels originally had bodies of their own.  They made love to the daughters of men and had children by them.  These half-breeds were known as the Nephilim.  They were giants.  Heroes.  Men of renown.  People sacrificed their children to them at places like Stonehenge.  They were pure evil... a good part of the reason why God flooded the world.

Eight people survived the flood 4500 years ago. 

One hundred years later, their offspring directly disobeyed orders to disperse and instead came together to build the Tower of Babel.

"Nothing will be impossible for them." God said...

So to slow technology (so we wouldn't kill ourselves off) He mixed up their languages and scattered them - also dividing the land.  Gen. 10:25 and 11:8-9

I mean - can you imagine?  Electricity has always existed... we just recently learned how to harness it.  What would have happened if the ancient Egyptians had that power?

The people were scattered throughout the world - and we are all descendants of them.

They took the stories of God, creation, the pre-flood people and world, and the stories of the flood with them.

Ancient Chinese is a pictograph of Gen. 1-11. Their word for 'boat' contains the number 8 for the 8 people that were on the ark.  There are stories about these events found in every ancient culture around the world (230 at last count).

The pyramids found all over the world are replicas of the tower of Babel.

(Go to Google earth and search 'Tower of Babel'... the site is still there.  Then Google 'Noah's Ark TURKEY'... a tourist attraction since the 70's.)

Minerals entered the tissues of plants and animals after burial in mud; under the forces of extreme pressure - everything fossilized and became stone.

The only reason why fossils even exist is because of the worldwide flood.

To summarize: We gave our authority to Satan; and God uses what Satan does to us and through us to bring people to repentance for the salvation of their souls.  Torture is not off the table as a means to an end.  I know because I lived through it... and it was worth every second. 

You don't think this tree grew through 'billions of years of rock' do you? Trees like this are found all over the world - buried upright during the world wide flood.

Attachment image
  • nappa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He will be the leader of the whole world, you won't be able to buy anything unless you take the mark of the beast,. when he collects his army to invade Israel is when Jesus arrives and defeats satan.. those who follow satan will be cast into hell with him..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If says "god of this world"

2 Corinthians 4:4 — Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Its impossible to fully understand that out of its qualifying historical context.

God gave Satan temporary ownership over the world, which at that time was the Roman Empire. 

Revelation 12:12 KJV — Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, >>>because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.<<<

Luke 4:5-7 KJV — And the devil, taking Jesus up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: >>>for it is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.<<< If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

So why would God give Satan temporary ownership of the world? For the same reason he gave Satan authority over Job - to test the people of that day for their faithfulness to God.

In the OT, Satan made some serious claims/threats to God. So God allowed him to prove his claims before God would eventually cast him into the lake of fire (Rev 20:10). 

Revelation 20:10 KJV — And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Jesus identified ancient Rome then as the central government of Satan. It was Satans kingdom upon the earth in competition with God for the souls of mankind. But Jesus destroyed Rome and cast Satan into the lake of fire. 

That was long ago, so you never need fear Satan. He no longer holds sway over the world, its affairs and its people. Now you need fear only evil Satan-like men, and your own sinful nature. Learn to master your flesh desires through your spirit for the glory of God.

• 1 month ago

Satan does not control hell.  He is not in hell; he is loose on the Earth tempting people.

That phrase is sarcastic.  It means that so many people do as he wants that he might as well rule the Earth.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is contrast between living a godly life and living an "earthly" life. If we remain close to God, Satan is helpless. But of we become worldly, accepting the morality of the society in which we live instead of the Word of God, then we welcome Satan into our lives and come under his rule.

• 1 month ago

Lucifer, Satan, the Devil, beelzebub, Belial, and several other Sons of God, formed a gang called the Dragon(serpent); the serpent was not a snake. The Devil, whom Jesus called prince of this world, remains closest to earth as main representative of the Dragon.

The Dragon is allowed time and opportunity to teach humans to become the image of God.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.